Create a PDF Report of an Exploration
Once your Exploration is complete and you have got the desired insights, you can share the Exploration with others in a variety of ways. One method of sharing an Exploration is in the form of a PDF document. Klera provides a convenient way to create a PDF report of your Exploration.
A PDF report contains pages of the Exploration and shows the visualizations ‘as it is’. For e.g., Pie, Bar, and Word Cloud are shown as it is, and Grid visualization will show the rows present on the screen.
You may also include the records of the grid that are not shown on the screen in the PDF report. Refer to “Include complete data” section below:
To create a PDF report of an Exploration:
1. Go to menu bar and select File > Download As > PDF Document(.pdf).
2. A form will be shown. Enter the following details to generate a PDF report.
a. Name: Provide the name of the report which will be used on all the pages of the PDF.
b. Page Range: Select from the following options:
- All - All the pages of the Exploration will be included in the PDF report.
- Current Page - Only the current page will be included.
- Pages - You can provide specific page numbers or a range of pages as shown below.
- Specific pages: Input page numbers separated by a comma. e.g. input 2,4,6 to include page numbers 2, 4, and 6.
- Page range: Input page range like 5-9 to include all page from 5 through 9.
|Note: You can also provide page ranges and page numbers separated by a comma, e.g. 2, 4, 5-7.|
c. Include Story:
If you have created a Story, you can download the story as a PDF and share it.
Select this checkbox to save the Story as a PDF, report.
To learn more, refer to section- Create a Story
d. Include complete data:
Select this checkbox to include the records of the grid, that are not shown on the screen. Only the pages with a single grid visualization are considered when this option is selected. These pages get appended at the end of your PDF report.
So, for example, if an Exploration contains five pages and the third page contains only one Grid visualization. Then “Include complete data” option will generate a PDF report with five pages of the Exploration (as you would get without selecting this option). There will be additional pages to show all the records of the grid which were present on the third page.
|Note: To include complete data records in the report, the desired data shall be present on the page as a Grid visualization. And, that Grid visualization shall be the only visualization on that page.|
3. Click on ‘GENERATE’ to create the PDF report.
4. Progress of the report generation is shown in the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. On completion, the PDF report will be downloaded.
Note: On selecting ‘Include Story’ option, a .zip file will be downloaded containing two separate PDF reports for the Exploration and Story.
Preview of the PDF generated for Exploration:
Additional pages which are generated when you select ‘Include Complete Data’ option will look like this:
Preview of the PDF generated for the Story. It includes all the story points of the selected pages.
Scheduled Report Generation and Email
Klera lets you schedule report generation and email them.
To learn more, refer to section Scheduled Execution, Reporting and Publishing.