About OAuth 2.0
OAuth 2.0 lets users access instance resources through external clients by obtaining a token rather than by entering login credentials with each resource request.
You must have the security_admin role to manage the OAuth integration. Configure OAuth 2.0 for the following scenarios:
- OAuth external client scenario: Your instance provides an endpoint for third-party clients to pull data from the instance.
- OAuth provider scenario: Your instance pulls data from a third-party provider.
Both the simple security and high security frameworks support OAuth 2.0. High Security is recommended. See for information about which versions have high security already active and how to activate high security.
Setting up OAuth 2.0 application in ServiceNow
Follow the below steps to register an OAuth 2.0 application on ServiceNow using your account.
- Login into your ServiceNow Account.
- Using ‘Filter navigator’, go-to for System OAuth → Application Registry. Then click on NEW button.
- Choose ‘Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients’
- Enter following details in the available forms.
- Name: Klera Application (or any user friendly name)
- Client Secret: Enter any complicated string of length up-to 10 characters.
- Redirect URL: This would be https://<HostName.DomainName>:48444/AccountMa nagementWebService/callback.html
For example: If Klera is installed on machine whose hostname is KleraMachine.Klera.io then Redirect URL would be https://KleraMachine.Klera.io:48444/AccountManage mentWebService/callback.html
- This URL should be accessible from the client machine. Machine from where user is login into Klera.
- Need to add port 48444 in Firewall/Security systems whitelist.
- Click on Submit button after entering above details. This will redirect to the list of all application. Click again on the newly added application to see its details. 6. On the detail page, copy and save
- Client ID
- Client Secret. We will need these information while importing connector on Klera.
For any further information email us at email@example.com