Supported version: Server 2.17.5 till 3.7.2 and Cloud(latest)
API Rate Limit: 15000 requests per hour
Supported Authentication: Basic authentication(for GitHub Enterprise Server Connector) and Token- based authentication(for GitHub Cloud Connector)
To configure GitHub Enterprise Server Connector using basic authentication -:-
- Enter your GitHub Enterprise Server URL, for example http://github.klera.io
- Select “Create New Account” and add Account Name
- Enter your Username and Password
- Click on “Save”
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your Github instance must be accessible from the Klera Machine.
To configure GitHub Cloud Connector using token based authentication-:
Steps to generate token from GitHub UI
- Open GitHub in your browser
- Go to the top-right corner of your screen and click on “Settings”
Note : You must have necessary rights in the native tool to perform this action.
- Click on Developer Settings -> Generate New Token and add the following details and select all scopes.
- Now, go to Klera UI in your data source configuration, and add following details:
- Enter GitHub Cloud URL : https://api.github.com
- Select Authentication Type as Token
- Select “Create New Account” and add account name
- Check “Pass Parameters(s) in Header” and add below details:
- Key : Authorization
- Value : Bearer<SPACE><Token Generated from GitHub>
- Click on “Save”
Authorizing a personal access token for use with SAML single sign-on
Note:- To use a personal access token with an organization that uses SAML single sign-on (SSO), you must first authorize the token.
How to create a new personal access token and then authorize it.
1. In the upper-right corner of any page In GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
2. In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
3. In the left sidebar, click Personal access tokens.
4. Next to the token you would like to authorize, click Configure SSO.
5. To the right of the organization you'd like to authorize the token for, click Authorize.